Tuesday 7 December 2010

Vark Questionnaire

Vark Questionnaire Results Reflection

My results were as follows:

Visual: 7
Aural: 8
Read/Write: 7
Kinesthetic: 9

The Vark Questionnaire recommends I:

SWOT - Study without tears
Convert your lecture “notes” into a learnable package by reducing them (3:1).
Your lecture notes may be poor because the topics were not 'concrete' or 'relevant'.
You will remember the "real" things that happened.
Put plenty of examples into your summary. Use case studies and applications to help with principles and abstract concepts.
Talk about your notes with another "K" person.
Use pictures and photographs that illustrate an idea.
Go back to the laboratory or your lab manual.
Recall the experiments, field trip...

Most elements of these results are quite relevant to me. I think I see my self as quite tactile and thrive on all things visual. I can relate to real examples, which I study and then can put into practice. I think this may be why I struggle with some of the complex mathematics, as, of yet, I have not had an application for them in the work place, and as such, I feel I have to put in more effort into this subject than most others. A subject such as materials however, which uses terminology that I hear regularly at work, and where you can actually view and partake in experiments seems to suit me a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment